Sunday, February 3, 2013

January's Bookshelf


The month of January has come and gone but it hasn't been that long so commencing: January's Bookshelf (aka what I read in January)

I started the month of with "The Perks of being a Wallflower".

Name of le book: The perks of being a wallflower
Le author: Stephen Chbosky
Le genre: teen fiction, coming of age
Worth spending le money: If you want something to say" Oh my God, I'm not alone" - then yes!

 The  book may be an epitome of life for some but for me it was more fragments of reality. Sam and Charlie were the most well written, dignified characters since Elizabeth Bennett and I thoroughly loved every line and dialogue said by both. In the end, Chbosky is another magician weaving his words to make the book a believable and whimsical adventure. I may not re-read it, but nevertheless, I loved every bit of the book!

Sarah Dessen has made her way to my top ten novelists, right after Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde, Roald Dahl Sophie Kinsella, Melissa Hill and many others. 

Le book: Dreamland.
Le author:  Sarah Dessen
Le genre: Teen fiction, romance, life. 
Worth spending le money: If you want a pause of reality then yes!

The book starts of (just like any other Dessen books) with a captivating scenario which just reels you in. Dreamland is a piece of literary work with characters you will either love or hate. The book is gathered at the seams of Catilin's life and her need for change, how love hurt her then fixed her and how she found herself when she was broken. Her life may just play as an epiphany (not in the religious sense though!) for the reader. Keep the tissue box near, this book may make you tear up a bit. The best thing is the there is constant flow in the story no fixations that will want you to stop reading. I most definitely will read this book cover to cover again!

And finally we reach the end. Usually I can cram up to five books in a month but because of exams I had to cut down to three, not counting my course\text books! 

Le book: Eat Pray Love
Le author: Elizabeth Gilbert
Le genre: Fiction, life, travel,spiritual, inspirational, and a wee bit of love. 
Worth spending le money: If you need a push to live, love and a sprinkle of faith then yes! 

This book is will make you want to live the life you want, have a relationship with your pizza and find your word (you'll have to read the book to find out what that means!) I mean you've got Italy and Italian gelatto, India and it's missing elephants and Bali and it's beautiful, beautiful homes that only cost $10 American dollars for rent! I've re-read this book tens of times and the thing's that Gilbert says will most probably get you thinking. Her way with words moves and inspires the reader. I think I just fell in love with a book!

Lot's of love
Kay x 
                                                      







No comments:

Post a Comment