Monday, July 1, 2013

Jeepers. It’s been a long time since I’ve blogged but I have been super busy (in a way). My AS Level examinations have concluded and there are now 44 days till the result. Paranoia has upped its level in me that’s for sure. But seeing as though it is the 1st of July, I think my favorite things of June are in order. And I realize that my ‘monthly favorites’ aren’t exactly always in order but I’m trying my best (: So let’s begin, shall we?


Books

So last month I was busy in a fiction writing course from OpenLetters and may I just say how amazing it was! Back to the book, I wasn’t able to read much but I was able to add more books to my “Books I Need to Get” list. The book that I did read though was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Yes, I read this book purely on the basis of the hype on Tumblr.




I thought the premise of the book was smart and thought provoking. Emotions may rise and the best thing is that it’s not the typical love story. The book being so unconventional and daring crossed borders of the cliché type of love everyone seems to find tempting. All in all, the book brought forward three dimensional characters such as Hazel and Gus through using those simply complicated thoughts that arise in our minds and bringing them out in ink. Green created a world of imperfections and some way or another; the reader can always connect to the characters or simply the plot itself.



iuifouyahgh


During the month of June I came across two TV shows that have added a new level of nerdy-ness and fangirling-ness in my life. A disclaimer before hand: if you do choose to watch these TV shows, be warned – they WILL take over your life. I didn’t choose the fandom life, the fandom life grabbed me by my hand and whispered, “run!” If you got the reference in that, then the fandom life had ruined you – congrats! Yes, I’m talking about Doctor Who and Sherlock. ASDFGHJKL. My love for these TV shows in from Pluto to Earth (and there is no Pluto anymore, so its’ the infinite kinda love) If I wasn’t enough of a self proclaimed British, these TV shows brought it to a whole new level. I don’t think I’ll be able to successfully convey my love for these TV shows in words but let’s just say, October (in which my 18th birthday takes place) is of minor importance in comparison to November.

jkhjkhj

Long car rides back and forth in Karachi traffic is killer but a good playlist always helps.
Pink’s new song Just Give Me a Reason is on constant replay. The lyrics take the song to a whole new level. Other than that I’ve been pretty much obsessing over The Script and One Direction. You can head over to my online playlist to listen to more of my favorites.

jhkjsdhgkjn
Bright lips is all anyone wears but in particular what Zoe wears and Zoe being my beauty icon, well, I tend to lean towards what she likes. Living in oh so amazing Pakistan, the prices of drugstore makeup brands are through the roof but on some miraculous day I found the perfect lippy colour in the perfect price range.
 

The colour itself is a mix between a cherry red and plum purple. You can tone it down or amp it up with the amount of times you put it on. I love the intensified look so I amp it up. Berry lips and a simple winged eyeliner is my go to look for, well, every day.










That’s all for now,
Till the next time
hrhkulsoomhussain x

PS Oh and I’ve been addicted to Candy Crush. So very, very addicted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment