Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January Mini Beauty Haul


January always comes with resolutions and I made a couple, one of them being not to but any more make up until April and I lived up to that - kinda - I had ordered these things in December but they arrived in January.
O.P.I  Sweet Things Avojuice Skin Flavour Pack

The pack of six mini handcreams. And when I say mini, I mean tiny. My go-to handcream has been the rose one from The Body Shop but I thought I'd give this a try. From "coconut melon" to "peppermint shimmer", this pack gives an array of choices

essence tinted moisturiser - "light skin"

I have never used foundation, BB cream or any of that kind of coverage of my face. But for a while now, I've been wanting to try a tinted moisturiser that would give my skin a slight glow. Being a fan of essence, I decided to give this a try and so far so good. It's not full coverage, hardly had any coverage at all, but gives a slight glow and evens the skin out. 

essence Quattro Eyeshadows - 05 To Die For

This eyeshadow palette (would we call it a palette?) is my go-to for eyeshadow. The colours has super pigmented and the the selection of shades is perfect for either an everyday and smokey eye. The palette consists of a highlighter (upper left), a champagne-y shade (upper right), a shimmer, slightly sheer brown (lower left) and a matt brown(lower  right). I would recommend this for anyone whose just starting out, doesn't want to spend the big bucks, or who just wants to add a bit of sparkle to their life. 

MUA Power Pouts - Crazy in Love

Being a kid inside, I've always wanted to get my hands on either Revlon's Just Kissable Lipbalms or Bourjoius's Color Boosts but their so dang pricey where I live so I decided to give this a go. I tried it once and I have to say, it's very nice. It has a slight pepperminty scent to it but unfortunately, the tip of the balm is wiggling, hopefully it won't fall off.  

Luscious Cream Eye Liner Pencil - Black Onyx

First off, "onyx"?! Pokemon anyone? Ha ha. Right now in my small but very loved makeup collection I don't have a black eyeliner (shocker, ain't it?). I thought I'd try this one out and use it, very lightly, on my lower lash line - I'm not one for the dark black waterline look.

So that's all for now - beauty wise, anyway. I'll be back with a non-beauty haul, with books and more pretty soon. Until then, what have you bought so far? 

No comments:

Post a Comment