Sunday, February 9, 2014

Let's wind down with a cup of tea and random thoughts




I was going through the blog and noticed a bit too many beauty related posts, which I have zero problem with, by I don't want to pigeon-hole the blog at all. So I thought why not go ahead and make a random post with random thoughts.

1. Wasn't 2013 a weird year? It came and went so fast, it didn't seem like it happened at all. In December, I decided that I was going to try to make 2014 a bit better. There were perks for 2014 even before it started, like, college would end - finally. It's been such a drag, I would earn money and that Doctor Who and Sherlock were coming back. But that didn't seem "inspiring" so I decided, in my mind, that I would try to do / get two things (even if it took the whole year): travel to Australia for a couple of weeks and get a new phone. Hopefully, I get both done!

2. Working in an environment where old people rule it suffocating at the most. I'm the youngest teacher and I teach 98 girls ranging from ages 11-15 (all hormonal) and let me tell you this much - everyday is a hurdle. I honestly, to this moment, cannot believe the amount of shit that goes on within one school. It's terrifying. And the only thing keeping me there is Mr. John Keating. I realized that those girls need a person to listen and understand them and be friendly to them and I try every day to be all those things - and it's working! They're grades have improved and they like my History lectures and Geography classes and I love teaching them. It just goes to show that being nice does have a reward, somewhere. 

3. I've been having really bad panic attacks every week. They're scary and I don't really know how to stop them but I know why they happen. Exams and work and no social life end up in one big bang and it's a scary place to be when it does. Anxiety is horrible and overthinking is worse.

4. I'm thinking about doing a giveaway, perhaps in the next couple of months? Let me know if I should and what I should "giveaway" down below. 

That's about it for this random post. If you reached the end, thank you for reading and I like your face (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment